Underground Electrical Lead Hand
Temps plein • Timmins Région
Position: Underground Electrical Lead Hand
Location: Matheson, Ontario (Black Fox Mine Site)
Job Category: Full Time – Permanent
The standard schedule for this position is 5-5-4, 10-hour day shifts. The Electrical Lead Hand will lead and supervise a team of electricians. The lead electrician will report to the mine Electrical Superintendent. The lead electrician will ensure that projects move forward and on time, that materials needed for projects are reported and ordered. The lead electrician will inform maintenance and operations departments on electrical matters to ensure safe, reliable and efficient operation. The lead electrician will ensure that standard operating procedures and safe work practices are being followed. The lead electrician will ensure all electrical installations are in compliance with the Provincial and Federal Electrical Code Books.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead, plan, direct, organize and supervise all electrical staff activities.
- Schedule, prioritize and manage all projects and preventative maintenance for all electrical equipment and installations at the mine site.
- Oversee all electrical installations and projects onsite.
- Organize materials needed for installations and projects. Report extra materials needed to supervisor.
- Understand power distribution all over site and how to add to the existing infrastructure.
- Maintain all documentation, drawings and plans for equipment, power distributions, etc. up to date as changes are made.
- Plan and organize pump installations, maintenance, rebuilds and alignments of pumps.
- Advancement of dewatering pipes and pumps.
- Termination and splicing of fibre optic cables for automation and control systems.
- Installation and troubleshooting of all communication and telecommunication systems for mining operations and equipment.
- Install, replace, splice and repair cables for electrical equipment, electrical control and distribution equipment.
- Track previous global adjustment trends and track current global adjustment peaks for power consumption and savings.
- Works in compliance with McEwen Ontario’s standard operating procedures, safety rules and the internal responsibility system.
Qualifications and Skills Requirement:
- Valid Ontario inter-provincial electrical trade qualification.
- Knowledge how to read electrical schematics and prints is necessary.
- 5 - 10 years of underground electrical experience.
- Good safety knowledge and understanding with the ability to recognize, reduce or eliminate hazards and situations that may cause problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and test electrical equipment using electrical schematics and test equipment like multimeters and meggers.
- Ability to recognize and determine when and what type of Arc Flash PPE is required for maintenance, troubleshooting or installations.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Ability to size cables, starters and other protective devices for electrical installations.
- Have good knowledge of the electrical code book, general lockout, high voltage distribution systems, and grounding/bonding procedures.
- Supervisor common core, Train the trainer or other leadership experience.
- Previous underground experience with VFD’s, Soft Starts, PLC’s, automation and control.
- Arc Flash Training and compliance with Arc Flash CSA Z462.
- Willing to work overtime and have a flexible schedule.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume or request more information at:
Human Resources, McEwen Mining
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McEwen Mining values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.