TEMPORARY FULL-TIME CLERK STENO (Timmins Police Service) (Competition No.: POL-2018-10) (Maternity Leave Coverage)
Contractuel • Timmins Région
Under the supervision of the Administrative Coordinator, the Clerk-Steno will provide reception, telephone and clerical support to all job functions within the Timmins Police Service and within the Records Section.
- Enter and update information on local and national police records management systems and respond to requests for information;
- Transcribe data from Dictaphone, typed or handwritten formats into appropriate programs;
- Prepare court documents;
- Conduct criminal and background checks including clearance checks;
- Prepare correspondence, fax, photocopy reports and file;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 plus a Two-year Community College Diploma in Office Administration (General) or a combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word;
- Experience with transcription equipment;
- Ability to work in a highly organized fashion where detail, accuracy, confidentiality and multi-tasking abilities are extremely important;
- Availability to work weekends and/or a rotating shift schedule;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- Initiative, teamwork and co-operation;
- Ability to prioritize and complete assignments on assigned time frame;
- Must be able to pass security clearance and background check;
- Bilingualism (French and English) an asset.
- Typing Test (minimum 55 wpm).
- Clerical Abilities Testing.
Rate of Pay: (In accordance with Timmins Police Association – Civilian Members Agreement)
Applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by the closing date of November 16, 2018.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East, Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
HAND DELIVERY: 236 Algonquin Blvd. East, 2nd Flr., Timmins, ON P4N 1B2
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
“Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”
“Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.”
“Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.”
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER