Seasonal Highway Patrol Persons (Public Works – Traffic Department) (Competition No.: PWE-2019-15)
Contractuel • Timmins Région
The City of Timmins requires three (3) Seasonal Highway Patrol Persons to patrol and monitor highway road conditions in the winter season. This is a contract position starting in approximately October 2019 and continuing through to approximately April 2020, with possible extensions depending on weather conditions.
• Provide routine patrols of designated roadways within the City of Timmins
• Monitor and document weather twice per shift
• Dispatch Winter Maintenance Contractor to service roads.
• Direct Winter Maintenance Contractors and coordinate plowing/salting priorities, and document when the operations are out of compliance
• Provide routine inspections of Contractor’s equipment ensuring all equipment complies with the City’s operation guidelines
• Monitor salt storage areas for contractors, order salt when required
• Collect salting/sanding data from contractor’s data loggers and upload data into City’s computers
• Track Winter Maintenance Contractor operating hours and review AVL data daily
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalency
• Valid Class G driver’s licence
• Current, clear Driver’s Abstract
• Previous experience with winter maintenance patrols and/or operations a definite asset
• Knowledge of Minimum Maintenance Standards. O Reg. 239. Including its latest revision as well as the HTA
• Winter Snow School Training would be considered an asset
• Neat and organized writing and record keeping skills
• Basic computer skills
Highway patrolling requires coverage 7 days a week and 24 hours per day (including weekends and holidays). Persons accepting the position will be required to work 12 hour shifts and weekends/holidays (including Christmas and New Years) on a rotational basis. Work assignments and working hours will vary due to weather conditions.
SALARY LEVEL 204: $27.72 - $33.27/hour (2019)
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date of August 23, 2019.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
HAND DELIVERY: 236 Algonquin Blvd. East, 2nd Flr., Timmins, ON P4N 1B2
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.