Temps plein • Timmins Région
POSITION TITLE: Program Assistant
STATUS: Full Time
CLASSIFICATION: Payband E
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
SALARY: $24.63 – $28.55 (35 hrs/wk)
CAMPUS: Kirkland Lake
STARTING SALARY: $24.63
CLOSING DATE: October 18, 2018
DIVISION: Northern Training Division
COMPETITION #: 18-70
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
DUTIES: Under the supervision of the Executive Director Community, Business Development and Employment Services the incumbent will:
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director Community, Business Development and Employment Services (and /or their designate) and the Northern Training Division team by assisting in the coordination, development, implementation, delivery, evaluation, and follow-up of courses, brokered services, special projects, and sponsored and employer-based training programs.
- Prepare, maintain and process documentation.
- Make arrangements which will ensure that courses, services, projects, and programs run effectively.
- Provide administrative assistance and support for the management team and liaises with personnel from various departments, instructors, prospective and current clients, students, employers, sponsoring agencies and the general public.
- 2 diploma in Office Administration.
- 2 years of related business experience in an office environment.
- Organization skills.
- Proficiency in working with computer software such a word processor, spreadsheets and databases and management information systems experience.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task and organize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate with all stakeholders.
- Must be a team player, take initiative, and demonstrate quick thinking skills for problem solving.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially. The successful candidate may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system. While we thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.