Mine Ventilation Technician
Temps plein • Timmins Région
Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper. Silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont Goldcorp is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont Goldcorp was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Porcupine Mine – Timmins, ON
We are seeking an individual who will provide direction and support to the operations group to ensure ventilation systems are installed and maintained in accordance with company policy and regulations.
- Designs and schedules installation of auxiliary ventilation systems.
- Monitors and initiates repairs to the various auxiliary ventilation systems to ensure that regulatory compliance is maintained.
- Conducts mine ventilation surveys and maintains accurate ventilation plans for use in planning, operations and emergency situations.
- Monitors performance of main ventilation system and gives input into required upgrades to infrastructure.
- Troubleshoots ventilation problems.
- Provides operations with blast clearing instructions to ensure blast gases are cleared in a timely manner.
- Provide accurate ventilation plans and advise to the management team in event of an emergency situation in collaboration with the Ventilation Engineer whenever possible.
- Technician or Technologist Diploma in Mining Engineering or equivalent.
- Preferably 2 years of mine operation and engineering experience.
- Experience in a leadership role is an asset, not requirement.
- Be technically competent and have a good understanding of U/G narrow vein mining.
- Have strong communication and people skills.
- Experience with Deswik CAD mining software is an asset
How to Apply
Please enter Job Number POR00002719 to submit your application(www.goldcorp.com/careers). Deadline to apply is May 24, 2019. As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All properties owned by Goldcorp Canada Ltd. for Porcupine are now Tobacco-Free. This includes but is not limited to all buildings, parking lots, vehicles, the surrounding wooded area, roadways, tailings, rehabilitated sites, etc.