MAINTENANCE PERSON I (Golden Manor Home for the Aged) (Competition No.: GM-2019-22)
Temps plein • Timmins Région
Under the supervision of the Facility Services Supervisor performs required maintenance of physical facility, systems and equipment.
• Perform daily maintenance and upkeep of facility, systems and equipment
• Perform regular inspections, troubleshoot/repair of Nursing, Dietary, Laundry, Housekeeping, Security and Rehabilitation equipment
• Maintain up to date records of work performed
• Perform preventative maintenance tasks and procedures on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
• Maintain stock inventory of replacement parts and components
• Complete Maintenance work requests (computerized maintenance management system) which include but not limited to the following: carpentry: performing small scale renovation such as drywall, flooring, cabinetry, door lock/hardware repairs; mechanical: repairing ventilation systems and gas powered equipment issues; plumbing: installing fixtures, piping repairs, H/W pumps, bathing system components; and mechanical: electrical: replace faulty equipment components, motors, alarms systems and appliance repairs.
• Follow the Golden Manor Fire Safety, Evacuation Plans and Health and Safety Procedures to ensure safety of Residents, Staff and Visitors
• Complete tasks in order to maintain compliance with the Long-Term Care Homes Act 2007
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Grade 12 education
• Relevant post-secondary diploma from an accredited College is an asset
• Proven knowledge of applicable codes, and demonstrated work experience in the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, and Carpentry fields
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions and to understand technical data and specifications
• Ability to prioritize work requests and assignments.
• Good physical condition and able to tolerate working in close quarters and confined areas.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Current WHMIS certificate
• Valid Ontario Driver’s License
• Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
Salary: $23.16 - $24.48 (2017) (In Accordance with CUPE 1140 Agreement)
All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by 4:00 p.m. on the closing of November 15, 2019.
BY MAIL: 220 Algonquin Boulevard East Timmins, ON P4N 1B3
HAND DELIVERY: 236 Algonquin Boulevard East, 2nd Floor, Timmins, ON P4N 1B2
VIA FAX: 705-360-2685
VIA E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 705-360-2628 www.timmins.ca
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The City of Timmins is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. The City of Timmins will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.