Heavy Equipment Operator
Temps plein • Timmins Région
Interpaving Limited is a privately held company which specializes in a diverse range of work in Civil Infrastructure including: road & pipe construction, aggregate production, concrete production, and hot mix asphalt production, equipment rentals, and construction management. Here at Interpaving Limited, we offer steady employment with a competitive compensation package based on experience.
Our growing team continuously seeks hard working and talented individuals who will have a positive impact to the construction community. We are currently seeking to have a Heavy Equipment Operator join our team.
The successful candidate will possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below.
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, the Heavy Equipment Operator can operate various equipment including Excavators, Backhoes, Dozers, and Loaders.
They will maintain their assigned equipment and maintain all health and safety standards required as instructed by their management.
Major responsibilities include, and are not limited to;
· Use equipment to perform grading, backfilling, trenching, ditching and other duties as required in a safe manner.
- Arriving to a job site in a timely manner. Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System and best practices within areas of responsibility.
· Follow all health and safety instructions and standards as communicated and adopt new measures as they are updated.
· Conduct pre-operation checks and documentation, communicate safety issues as they are identified.
· Use and maintain all safety equipment as prescribed.
· Operate a two-way radio where and when necessary.
· Maintain operation and job logs.
· Refuel, clean and lubricate equipment as prescribed.
· Secure special attachments to equipment.
· Able to work independently.
· Maintain and foster positive relationships with all staff, management and contacts.
Qualifications and Skills:
· 2 or more years’ experience working outdoors on Civil Earthwork and Construction sites.
· Certified Heavy Equipment Operator.
· Good English verbal and writing skills.
· Valid Ontario Drivers License.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Type: Full-time