Heavy Duty Equipment Technician
Temps plein • Timmins Région
Newmont Goldcorp is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper. Silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont Goldcorp is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont Goldcorp was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Heavy Duty Equipment Apprentice - Hollinger Open Pit
Porcupine Gold Mines – Timmins, ON
The Heavy Duty Equipment Apprentice :
- Will be trained in troubleshooting, disassembling, repairing and performing predictive and preventative maintenance on surface mobile equipment.
- Responsible for compliance with OHSA, Corporate and PGM Environmental Regulations, Safety and Sustainability Standards.
- Responsible to work collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals both within the department and cross-departmentally.
- Must be highly motivated, organized and must be capable of decision making.
- Responsible for providing his/her own tools.
- Assisting in other work areas as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Successfully completed the Intermediate in school training session and 70% of the required hours for Heavy Duty Equipment Technician.
- Two years of experience maintaining surface mobile equipment.
- Be technically competent.
- Willingness to learn.
How to Apply
Applications close on June 8, 2019. To be considered for this role, go to our website www.goldcorp.com and enter Job Number POR00002656 to submit your application. As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All properties owned by Goldcorp Canada Ltd. for Porcupine are now Tobacco-Free. This includes but is not limited to all buildings, parking lots, vehicles, the surrounding wooded area, roadways, tailings, rehabilitated sites, etc.