General Construction Labourer
Temps plein • Timmins Région
Interpaving Limited is a privately held company which specializes in a diverse range of work in Civil Infrastructure including: road & pipe construction, aggregate production, concrete production, and hot mix asphalt production, equipment rentals, and construction management. Here at Interpaving Limited, we offer steady employment with a competitive compensation package based on experience.
Our growing team continuously seeks hard working and talented individuals who will have a positive impact to the construction community. We are currently seeking to have Construction Labourers join our team.
The successful candidate will possess the qualifications and perform the duties, as set out below.
· One (1) year of related experience an asset
· Education: Other trades certificate or diploma is an asset.
· Minimum 18 years of age
· Ability to use tools and equipment required to perform the work (e.g. hand and power tools, etc.)
· You should be physically fit, reliable, and a hard worker, with the ability to handle up to 45kg (100lbs)
· Ability to work independently and as a team member.
· Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System and best practices within areas of responsibility.
· Must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess a valid driver's licence, have an acceptable driving record.
· Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks in all weather conditions.
· Workers must be punctual and reliable.
· Must be able to Work Long Hours Including Weekends as required.
· Perform various labour duties as determined by specific job requirements (raking, shovelling, operating packers, assist pipe layers, installing geogrid and other specialty materials)
· Help equipment operators, and other skilled labour as prescribed.
· Prep construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards.
· Operate and care for construction equipment and tools
· Load or unload construction materials.
· Follow instructions from supervisors, be aware of surroundings and maintain safe work practices at all times.
· Learn new skill sets from on-the-job training.
· Perform site clean-up, maintain site hygiene and perform localized risk assessments prior to starting new tasks.
· Completing personal paper work including but not limited to time sheet, FLHA’s, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Types: Full-time