Temps plein • Timmins Région
The Drill Specialist position at Porcupine will be responsible for all drill activity including the managing of the drill contractor and contract, and the safe execution of the all drill programs. In this role, you will manage a drill service provider with contract staff numbers depending upon approved budget amounts. This role reports to the Exploration Manager and work based out of the Business Development Complex on a 4-3 schedule, however much of your time will be spent at Hoyle and Borden working directly with drilling contractors.
In this role, you will manage Drill Service Providers to guide the completion of surface and underground drill programs for both Exploration and Technical Services Departments across PGM’s portfolio. The successful candidate will be responsible to develop a culture of continuous improvement with safe execution and the environment being the base of all work programs and in line Newmont Global standards, and Porcupine procedures. In the Drill Specialist role, you will be an integral part of the site Exploration Leadership team and will be expected to operate at a high performance level, in a fast paced operating environment and contribute to the team goals and objectives. The key performance metrics are safe execution of work and delivery of reserve and resource ounces into the mine plan. You will work in a safe, environmentally and socially responsible manner.
- Enrolled Safety Leader championing the delivery of Critical Control Verifications as per Fatality Risk Management System
- Create a pro-active safety culture with Drill Service Provider based on Newmont Global standards and Porcupine procedures while using various audits to verify compliance
- Ensures safety standards and procedures are understood and adhered to and updated to reflect company updates and best practices.
- Instruct/Coach Drill Service Provider Supervisory Staff and Geology Staff in all drill safety measure including, Drill and Equipment inspections, Task Observation, and Hazard identification.
- Ensure drill related Key Performance Objectives set by the Exploration team are met
The candidate must possess:
- The ability to create and manage a proactive safety driven Drill Service Provider Team while completing the
- Conduct Pre, During and Post drill site inspections and evaluations to assure adherence to safety and environmental policies.
- Coordinate with Electrical, Mechanical, and Operations to insure alignment between the services and drill requirements.
- Coordinating with warehouse to assure all required drill material is available when needed.
- Acting as the primary contact between the Drill Service Provider and Site Management
- Execution of all drill related contracts at a site level
- The ability to organize, operate and execute daily functions in a fast underground/surface environment while
- Coordinate the scheduling of all drill rigs with Site Functions,
- Tracking and verifying timesheets and drill related invoices. Addressing any discrepancies in a prompt manner with Service Provider Management.
- Having the ability to react quickly to internal/external company inquiries and requests.
- Having the ability to participate in creating and/or improving safety programs and execution according to Newmont Global standards and procedures
- Dealing with changing work variables in and efficient and cost effective manner
- Contribution to Exploration planning sessions and procurement of required equipment
- Must actively seek new drill technology, safe drill techniques and best practices with a focus on diamond drill machinery in both Surface and Underground environments.
- Attend and actively contribute to morning safety meetings
- Provide drill expertise to all departments
Training & Experience
- Completion of Basic Common Core
- Minimum secondary school diploma
- Experience with more than 1 drilling style is considered an asset
- Computer literacy, experience with Microsoft software is required. Database knowledge (Acquire, GED,
- Sequel) and experience in SAP finance software is a definitive asset.
- Preference of at least 3-5 years of drill experience in a mining environment.
- Great interpersonal skills, innovative and proven ability to work with others.
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrates a comfortable and confident communication style.
- First Aid and CPR
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving abstract
- Comfortable with public speaking, setting and running meetings in person or web based
- Based out of Timmins, ON with travel required to Chapleau, ON
- Schedule is 4x3
Apply here: https://jobs.newmont.com/job-invite/25641/