Delivery Driver (Class DZ)/Warehousing
Temps plein • Timmins Région
OCP Construction Supplies is looking for a self-motivated individual to work in the warehouse, you will take on the responsibility receiving and shipping material while also assisting the Order Desk in the day-to-day warehouse operations. As a delivery driver, you will impact the positive development of customer relationships through delivering and/or picking up, merchandise to and/or from, our customers in a prompt, efficient and professional manner.
NOTE: The below job description is intended to describe the general contents of, and requirements for, this position. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed within this position.
- Deliver, or pick up, merchandise to, or from, our customers and suppliers in a prompt, efficient and professional manner.
- Make sure every delivery is signed for, and the signature is legible, and every pick up is authorized.
- Advise the Branch Manager of any mechanical problems with the Company truck.
- The driver is responsible for overall safety of the vehicle he/she is driving.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle, and have a driving record that meets the company standards, Vehicles and its subsection “Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs)”, Commercial Motor Vehicles and its Driver Requirements”.
- Ability to easily move about job (construction) sites.
- Ability to perform daily inspection and general maintenance/upkeep on company vehicle.
- Ability to communicate any vehicle mechanical problems to company personnel.
- Ability to work entire shift in extreme heat or cold.
- Ability to manually lift heavy material/boxes, including reaching, lifting overhead, stooping down, crouching and climbing ladders.
- Ability to pull stock from, and to stock, racks in warehouse or yard.
- Ability to load and unload trucks from ground level or platform.
- Ability to safely operate materials handling equipment (forklift, pallet jacks, etc.)
- Ability to read a map and plan the routing of delivery trucks.
- Ability to count product individually or in bundles, boxes or on pallets.
- Ability to deliver, or pick up, merchandise to, or from, our customers and suppliers in a prompt, efficient and professional manner.
- Ability to comprehend, read, and to communicate the English language orally and in writing, bilingual French and English preferred.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada at the time of submitting an application
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES :
· Delivering and handling merchandise, Inventory control, warehouse duties and cleanup, vehicle inspections.
Job Type: Full-time
· DZ Delivery
Driver: 1 year experience (preferred but everyone will be reviewed)
· English, French (preferred but not required)
or certification: Class DZ