Contract Licensed Hairdresser
Contractuel • Timmins Région
Hair Dresser HAIRDRESSER (CONTRACT) – Extendicare Timmins
Candidates are invited to apply for the contract Hairdresser position to work at our Extendicare Timmins facility, a 180-bed long-term care home, located in Timmins, Ontario.
- Price list is posted at the Beauty Parlour
- Residents must be informed of any changes to the price list at least 30 days in advance.
- Residents using the Beauty Parlour services must sign the Third-Party billing paperwork on their financial files
- Resident /POA inform the hairdresser directly re the frequency and type of hair appoint the resident will require
- Drop ins are also welcome
- Hairdresser is responsible for bringing the residents to the salon and ensure they return safely to their unit
- Each appointment is recorded on daily record sheets for date, service provides and cost – whether paid at time of service or to be billed.
- Each service is signed for by hairdresser. A staff member verifies that the service has been provided and signs
- Daily the records sheets are provided to the front office for inputting for payment
- Hairdresser’s hours are established to meet the needs of the residents. This can mean additional hours at Christmas, Mother’s Day etc.
- Appropriate current certificate of competence.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Ability to work effectively individually and with others while prioritizing tasks to handle the most urgent first.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally whether in person or over the phone, and in writing; an active listener who projects a friendly demeanor.
- Organizational, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills.
CLOSING DATE: September 30th, 2019
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Kelly Roy, Administrator
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.