2019 Summer Student Opportunities
Été / Étudiant • Timmins Région
Porcupine Gold Mines is a subsidiary of Goldcorp Canada Ltd., situated in
Timmins, Ontario. Porcupine consists of two distinct mining operations; Hoyle
Pond Underground and the Hollinger Open Pit. These assets, combined with our
world-class mill serve to ensure a sustainable future for our employees, their
families and our community.
Porcupine Gold Mines will have student Opportunities in the following areas:
- Open Pit
- Other (Administration, HR, Occupational Health etc.)
What you can expect from us:
- Take part in impactful business projects spanning our operations.
- Network with experienced professionals.
- Engage in a strong student network.
- Gain valuable exposure in the mining industry.
- Competitive wages.
Successful candidates will be:
Enrolled in a post-secondary institution on a full time basis for Fall 2019.
- 18 years of age by June 1 2019.
- Prior experience in the mining industry or related experience is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Self-motivation and the desire to learn new skills.
- Strong computer skills in mining related software.
- Fluency in English; Spanish and French language skills an asset.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Deadline to apply is January 31, 2019. Paper applications will not be accepted. Please apply online using job number POR00002671. Please specify in your application the area that you would like to work in. As an equal opportunity employer, Goldcorp is committed to Diversity, inclusion and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations will be provided to candidates with disabilities to support participation in the recruitment process. All properties owned by Goldcorp Ltd. Porcupine Gold Mines are Tobacco-Free. This includes but is not limited to all buildings, parking lots, vehicles, the surrounding wooded area, roadways, tailings, rehabilitated sites, etc.