Temps plein • Timmins Région
POSITION TITLE: Controller
STATUS: Full Time
CLASSIFICATION: Administrative, Payband 11
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
SALARY: $84,030 - $105,037/yr
STARTING SALARY: $84,030/yr
CLOSING DATE: September 25, 2019
DIVISION: Corporate Services
COMPETITION #: 19-61
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
the direction of the Vice President, Corporate Services, this College-wide
position supports various budgeting, costing, reporting and year-end accounting
The incumbent is responsible for the preparation of the financial audit by:
· maintaining accurate general ledger accounts throughout the year
· preparing working papers and schedules required by external auditors for year end audit financial information
· preparing interim and year end reports for special funded programs/projects (in accordance with Funding Agency guidelines/contract)
· compiling and submitting the college’s yearly financial information for the Ministry in the form of the College Financial Information System (CFIS) for integration into the Province’s Consolidated Financial Statements.
Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the three-year budget by:
· planning, implementing and supporting the operating fund budget preparation process
· monitoring all budget performances and ensuring that deviations from the approved budget are reviewed and the necessary adjustments are made
· advising and supporting managers/staff/faculty in preparation and maintenance of their budgets
· facilitating sound financial planning throughout the college by maintaining an effective budgeting process system providing meaningful and timely variance reports for specific activity when required.
Responsible for the overall service delivery provided by the Finance Department:
· management of various accounting systems to ensure accurate recording and reporting of financial information to internal and external users.
Responsible for the supervision and functions of:
- · purchasing
- · accounts payable
- · accounts receivable
- · Senior Accountant
- · Part-Time Finance Clerk
Responsible for Special Projects Reporting and analytical assignments as required.
A detailed job description for this position is available from Human Resource Services.
· Minimum Four (4) Year Diploma/Degree in Business, Commerce or a related field.
· Professional accounting designation: CPA
· Minimum of seven (7) years of management experience is required.
· Solid skills and experience in financial planning, budgeting, resource allocation, business and quantitative analysis to analyze/evaluate complex situations to help senior college administrators. Good strategic and human-resources management, communications skills. Extensive knowledge and experience with financial reporting systems and networks.
· Very effective problem solving skills.
· Strong computerized system knowledge is required.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, audit theory, good bookkeeping, and accounting practices.
· Strong working knowledge of spreadsheet (Excel) and word processing (Word) applications.
· Interpersonal skills required to deal tactfully with College staff in providing accounting and budget assistance and ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, in explaining accounting and budget procedures.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive,
barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please
advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require
during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation
needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Successful candidate may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.